Saturday, June 7, 2008

Buzz Off Mozzies!

Summer is the season in Turkiye where mosquitoes like to 'spread the love' and cash in on their vacation time.

We all know that these annoying little buzzards leave a series of bumpy pink 'love bites' on your skin. And although they are a bit itchy and uncomfortable, they are also just another part of our ecology.

Since my arrival here, I've been blessed with 7 love bites (that I can see). About 4 on my arms and three on my legs. (I'm sure y'all wanted to know that.) And seeing as I still have a few more weeks of vacation, I anticipate receiving a lot more of their affection.

Of course you can take preventative measures to avoid the health risks associated with mosquitoes. They are, after all, vectors for Malaria. Rest assured that I will not be traveling much in the Malaria risk areas of Turkiye.

But then again... you can never be too cautious.

Buzzzzzz...

No comments: