Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Plain Food vs, Plane Food

On an 11-hour flight, nothing is worse than being hungry and having limited options for snacks: peanuts, pretzels, and peanuts. Although my 'dinner' and 'breakfast' will be included on the first leg of the trip (Phx to London), I've never been a fan of plane food.

So, I've decided to bring my own plain food. Simple. Sweet. Healthy.

I don't know about you, but I always lose all sense of time when I cross the Atlantic. You look outside and it's sunny when it's supposed to be dinner time, etc... So I like having something to munch on during my flight.

I tend to chose foods that won't upset my stomach, are portable, and keep well during my travels. This trip I chose:

1) Luscious green, crisp Granny Smith apples.
2) Plump, naturally sweet raisins
3) Crunchy organic pre-cut carrots

Although these will hold me over for the duration of my flight, they hardly compare to the real delicacies of the Mediterranean: Turkish cuisine!

2 comments:

Greg Pratt said...

Biray

Hope your plane ride went well. I know that you will have a wonderful time while home.

Annie, Louie, Alice and I will be flying in your wingsteps this Friday as we fly to Omaha, Neb to visit Annie's parents.

3 1/2 hours on a plan with 2 lovely children who love to chat and . . . discuss. Should be interesting.

Look forward to your blogging about Turkey.

So, what is your favorite vegetarian Turkish dish?

Greg

Anonymous said...

Very excited to hear about your adventures on this trip! Hope you survived the flight okay!

Krista