Saturday, May 24, 2008

Classy But Fishy

My mother and I spent the afternoon lunching in a fantastic (hidden gem) outdoor fish restaurant called Suna'nin Yeri (Suna's Place). Overlooking the Bosphorus Sea, we had a view of the Europe side of İstanbul.

We ordered the fresh catch of the day (don't ask me to translate the fish name to English! The fisherman caught the fish and within moments it was cooked and brought to our table! Coupled with a tasty mixed green salad and a cold glass of Efes Beer (a Turkish beer), you really couldn't ask for anything more.

Now you can enjoy the view from our table. (I've included some comments on the video with some explanations - if you click on the dots on the timeline, you can read my notes):

2 comments:

Nedra Weinreich said...

Thanks for sharing these snippets from your trip! The video is beautiful. I thought it was funny that the beer is called "Efes" because in Hebrew that means zero or nothing. Despite the generally good relations between Israel and Turkey, I think that's one product that wouldn't quite work for export! :-)

Be Fit With Biray said...

Wow - really? I did not know that! Guess that would be weird to have a beer of nothing - LOL. Learn something new every day! Cool - thanks for sharing! :)