Thursday, May 22, 2008

Krazy Keyboards!

Last year when I was in Guanajuato, Mexico I made a similar mention of the international keyboards. It takes time getting used to a new set of keys due to the fact that the Turkish alphabet has a some different letters than the English language.

One example is with the letter i. There are two different types - one with a dot, one without. So, if you spelled my name 'Bıray' it would sound totally different than 'Biray'

(Anyway... don't even get me started on how long it took me to find the @ sign)

Oh, and Google in Turkish is funny, too. Great way to polish up on the language. LOL. Cuz I now know how to say 'I'm Feeling Lucky' in Turkish: Şansımı Denemek İstiyorum. The literal translation is 'I want to take my chances' (the ş pronounced like a 'sh').

No comments: