Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Lunch for a Princess!

The main delicacies in Turkish cuisine are the kepabs, meatballs, and variety of fish. Since I don't eat meat, but love fish - when I visited the Buyukada, for lunch I ordered the fish. And nothing brings out the flavor of a "fresh from the water, to the grill, and to your plate" fish than a tall glass of EFES beer and a side order of french fries. Mmmm...

Of course, I wasn't alone in these thoughts. On this particular day, a hungry little stray cat also shared my opinion. He (or she) politely tapped my shorts - as if to say, "excuse me, can you be so kind to indulge a poor old cat, such as myself, to a bite of your fresh fish?"

I'm definitely not much of a cat person, but I just couldn't deny him (or her) food - just look at those eyes! So, a few pieces of fish may have slipped off of my plate throughout the course.

So there we were, two total strangers, a cat and a human, sharing this amazing lunching experience together.

No comments: