Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Birthday Celebration!!

Birthdays are always fun (especially when you have an amazing cake and a PlayStation 3)! On Tuesday night, we celebrated my cousin's 24th birthday. After the obligatory family party, he and I went over to his friend's house where a small group gathered to wish him health and happiness!



In Turkish, rather than singing the words "Happy Birthday to You", our translation is "We're so glad you were born" (melody remains the same).

The birthday cake was to die for! Soccer-themed, pistachio covered (crumbles) atop strawberry shortcake-like delight! It was so delicious, the pieces melted in your mouth the moment it touched your tongue. I couldn't help but indulge in a few small bites. :)

Wouldn't you know it, my cousin's friends were also a group of gamers! And we ended up playing a few selection of games. I saw there was an EyeToy set up on the TV set, so we played a game called Creature Features (demo included). But you can see my cousin unsuccessfully playing the game here.

The night continued with the unveiling of Ratchet & Clank 4!!! Do you know how long I had been waiting to play this game!? I obsessed over the first 3 R&C. In fact, the reason I bought the PS2 was mainly for the R&C series. I couldn't believe I had the opportunity to demo the fourth one. I am more convinced now that I need to save up my $$ for a PS3.

The guys finished the night with a multi-player soccer game while the ladies cheered them on - fascinated by their intricate game play. Needless to say, we came home around 3:30am (which, in my mind, was only 5:30pm in Arizona-time, so it didn't feel so late!) Good thing I'm on vacation! (My poor cousin, however, woke up 2 hours later to go to work.)

1 comment:

ilker oztop said...

it's NOT his 24th bday!!! he is only 23!! or otherwise i ll have to admit i m turning 27 this august which is ridiculous. hehe.